- One large tin of tuna, drained
- Two large potatoes – boiled, peeled & mashed
- One medium sized white onion – chopped into fine cubes
- A few green chilies – to taste – chopped (I used two serrano and one habanero)
- Fresh ginger – to taste – grated (I used about 1cm of thick ginger)
- Salt to taste and
- Garam masala to taste if you have it (I didn’t! So I shook in some coriander powder instead)
- One egg white – beaten to a froth
- LOTS of oil for deep-frying
- Mix everything together thoroughly, then form into small patties, balls or croquettes.
- Dip each patty in the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs till evenly coated. Repeat till all the mixture is used up.
- Heat the oil in a pan – it has to at least be high enough so that if you put a patty in it, the oil will go half-way up the patty’s sides so once you flip it over, it should cook evenly.
- Fry till golden brown and drain on paper towels.
Serve with tomato ketchup, or Steve’s special mayo – which is a mix of Best Foods, Tabasco sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper, & coriander.